Think Graphics | Lakeland Web Design
Terms & Conditions
The Company trading name is Think Graphics, the Company's web site name is Lakeland Web Design.
The Client is the company or individual who has engaged the services of Think Graphics, whether in writing or by verbal agreement.
The Web site is the Web site designed and built for the Client by Think Graphics
General Terms and Conditions
- The Client will own the copyright of the finished Web site, and any content originated and supplied by them, unless other copyright is already in existence. This applies to the finished article and not to the working files used in the design.
- Think Graphics will retain Intellectual Property Rights over any original creative design work they have produced for the Web site in all formats whether printed, electronic or otherwise, as well as ownership of all working files and materials supplied and used in the creation of the product.
- If the Company has been instructed by the Client to use registered trademarks, logos or other copyrighted material, Think Graphics will not assume any liability for any legal proceedings arising out of their use. It is the sole responsibility of the Client to verify their legal right to use any material supplied by them for use on their Web site.
- Think Graphics will not assume responsibility nor be held liable for any copyright infringement arising out of the use of images, photographs, text content or other material that is supplied by the client for inclusion on their Web site. It is the responsibility of the Client to verify their entitlement to use such material and the Company reserves the right to refuse any material in the event of any doubt about issues relating to copyright.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that the website and any scripts or programming included therein are free from errors, Think Graphics cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred either directly or indirectly due to malfunctioning of the website or any of its parts.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to fully check the content of the Web site prior to its publication, and to check that it functions to their satisfaction, and the Company will not be held responsible for any errors that subsequently come to light.
- The Company uses the services of external hosting companies, and whilst every effort is taken to ensure that these are reliable, Think Graphics cannot be held liable for any downtime of the Client's Web site as a result of technical failure or other breakdown of the hosting Server, nor for any loss of sales or profits deemed to have resulted from such.
- In the event that the Client already has their own hosting service or wishes to use a hosting service other than one recommended by the Company, Think Graphics cannot guarantee the correct functioning of the Web site or any existing scripts, including form scripts, on that Server. In the event of problems occurring in these circumstances, Think Graphics will make every effort to remedy the problem, but any additional programming work incurred as a result will be charged at cost.
- In the event that the Client has registered or already owns a domain name, with or without hosting, that they wish to use with their Web site, it is the responsibility of the Client to either initiate the transfer of their domain to a hosting service supplied by the Company, or to provide the Company with FTP access to an existing web space. Think Graphics cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by domain transfer problems and the Client will be invoiced in full on completion of the Web site, whether or not the site is live.
- Whilst the Company will test the Client's Web site on the most popular browsers in use as well as on different platforms and will take all the necessary steps to ensure that it functions correctly for the maximum number of visitors and looks the same in as many browsers as possible, it can give no absolute guarantees that the Site will function correctly and look exactly the same in all browsers, especially older browsers which are out of date.
- The Company reserves the right to publish for promotional purposes on the Company's Web site, a link to the Client's Web site, together with a small amount of information, unless it has been specifically agreed with the Client not to do so. It also reserves the right to include an accreditation and link to its own Web site on the Client's Web site, unless it has been specifically agreed with the Client not to do so.
- Unless the Company receives from the Client an objection in writing to these terms and conditions within 7 days of the order confirmation, it will be deemed that all the above-mentioned terms and conditions are agreed between the Company and the Client.
- The company retains the right to change these terms and conditions by giving the client as much notice as is reasonably practicable in the circumstances. Any clients affected by these changes will be informed of the changes within 30 days.
Terms and Conditions of Payment
- For new websites costing £400 and above a deposit of 50% of the total charges is required in order for work on the design of the site to commence. Once work has commenced, this deposit will not be refundable. The other 50% is due on completion of the Web site.
- In the event that the Web site is near completion and that the bulk of the work has been carried out, but the final completion of the Web site is delayed due to a failure on the part of the Client to submit material or content required in order for the Web site to go live, the Client will become liable for the remaining payment of the order value and will be invoiced accordingly.
- The Web site will remain the property of Think Graphics until all outstanding accounts are settled in full and we reserve the right to withdraw any product or service that has not been paid for.
- Payment termsfor the final invoice are strictly 14 days from the date of invoice. Late payments will attract a monthly interest charge of 2%.
- All other work, additional work and amendments, and new websites costing less than £400, must be paid for in advance.
- Hosting is charged annually in advance. You have the right to cancel your account at any time up to 2 weeks before the date of renewal, but any remaining time left on your account is non-refundable. Failure to make payment will result in automatic cancellation of web hosting services and an additional fee of £30 will be charged to reinstate your website and any email services associated with your hosting package should this subsequently be required.
- Domain name renewals must be confirmed at least one month prior to the renewal date and paid for in advance.
- All hosting and domain registration fees are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your domain name registration is cancelled or transferred prior to the end of the term of your registration.
The Company's Web site is the property of Think Graphics and its access and use are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- All the material and contents of the Company's site, including graphics and photos, are the copyright of Think Graphics unless otherwise stated and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or published for commercial use without the explicit agreement in writing from Think Graphics.
- Whilst every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of all content and information published on the Company's site and to supply up-to-date information, Think Graphics can make no representation or warranty, whether express or implied, as to its correctness or completeness. Furthermore, the Company does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for any claims arising from interpretation, misinterpretation, use or misuse of any information on the Company's site. It is the responsibility of all visitors to this site to take the necessary steps to verify any information on this site or on any other site to which this site is linked.
- Think Graphics, by linking to other web sites, does not accept responsibility for or imply endorsement of any material or information contained therein.
- Any prices published on the Company's Web site are subject to change without notice.
Think Graphics reserves the right to change, edit, or update the policies contained in this document without prior notice and at any time.